Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

42 Days to Opening Day

As the NFL season has come to a close again, I'm left with Hockey, which I really don't follow, the NBA which is just a hard pill to swallow. I want entertainment here, not pills to swallow. March Madness is a Sports mega event which I love, but its still a ways off. The next big thing for me is Baseball season, My San Francisco Giants and Minnesota Twins will lead me once again.

The down side is I'm in New York, I got the Yankees, BOOOOOO; and the Mets (Boring). So I looked into the schedules of my 2 teams to see when they were coming to town. Unfortunately they are both early in the season, meaning I've got to get on my feet quick to get some tickets. My World Champions San Francico Giants will be in Queens to face the Mets on May 3,4,5. Catching one of these games, preferably when Lincecum is on the mound is a new life priority; right behind finding a job.

The last several games I've been to were all San Francisco Giants games and I followed them from game 1 last season all the way through the World Series championship.There were some moments of serious torture, they were blowing it big time and weren't even going to make the playoffs. Then they would get hot and be exciting again, it was a roller coaster season that ended with total triumph. It was like the Lord of the Rings wrapped up in baseball instead of a mythical world.

The other must see series will take me to Yankee Stadium, which is a must-see sporting venue any how. I will watch my Minnesota Twins attack the Pinstripes on April 4 thru 7. The Twins always struggle against the Yankees in games that matter, and I hate the Yankees.

With 42 days to go I am excited for another baseball season, my pre-season prediction: World Series will be Minnesota and San Francisco; hahahahahaha I wish.

1 comment: